Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Second Generation Friendship!


This is a picture of Sophia & Eden. Eden is the daughter of my best friend Bethany. Bethany and I met when I was 11 and she was 13 and became inseparable (at least until we met our husbands!). We roomed together in college, lived together post-college and were the maid/matron of honor in each other's weddings. Our husbands became very good friends in college and it's just one of those very special friendships for life. For the first 8 years after we both got married (in '96) we lived far apart, but then by a twist of fate, luck, providence, whatever you want to call it, Bethany, Quenton and family moved here 3 years ago and live 1 hour away from us. When they moved here, we decided it probably would not be permanent since all of their family is in the Midwest and so we have tried to enjoy every minute we can with them. We have definitely built a lot of special memories over these last 3 years, and hope to build many more for as long as we're blessed to have them nearby. It has been such a delight for me to see our kids become friends! They truly love each other and have built such a foundation of friendship that I hope lasts a lifetime for them too. B&Q took our kids for us overnight this past weekend so we could have some alone time for our anniversary (next post) and it was just so great to know that our kids are so comfortable with them, it was like they were at their second home.

So, back to the picture of Sophia & Eden - we've always thought they look like they could be sisters - which is funny because Bethany & I don't look anything alike! But we love it that they do. :-)

1 comment:

Bethany said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!! I love this post! I love you, Dawnie! I totally cried when I read this! I am so grateful for this time that we have living only one hour away from each other! What a gift!
Love,
Bethany
bff