Wednesday, February 6, 2008

No Turning Back!

The project has officially begun!

The first step was removing 3 very large trees from our backyard. It was sort of sad to watch them go - but 2 of them would have had to go even if we weren't adding on, as they were dying.









Our backyard sort of looks "naked" now :-)

We go to the township on 2/25 to get approval on our plans, so as long as there are no revisions needed, the actual addition should begin later that week or the following week!

5 comments:

Bethany said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! FREAK OUT!
It seriously looks so different without those trees!
I am so excited about this! I'm so glad you have a blog to record the whole process! It's perfect!
Okay, I'm way more excited about seeing the whole thing in person! Yay that we live so close!
What do your neighbors think? Did they all know that you were planning this? Or, are they like, "what's up with the large machinery at the Dico's?"
Okay, love you! keep me posted!
B

Megan said...

wow looks so different! can't wait to see how the project goes...

Renee said...

wow!!! this is so exciting dawn!!! it will definitely be fun to witness how everything is coming along on your blog!

julie said...

so fun!! it looks great! I've never seen your yard before this - but it's gorgeous... your house looks gorgeous from what i can see! :) have fun with this! i would be sad to chop down tree's too... for some reason, i seem to get attached to them.

Brook said...

Hi Dawn, just checking out your blog since I've recently joined this "little" webworld of blogging :) That is so great that you're adding on! Good luck in the months ahead with this project.. I'll definitely check back to see how its moving along. Take care!