On Tuesday of last week (1/22), Sophia lost her first tooth! About a week or so prior, she came into our bed early one morning telling me that there was something weird on her tooth. I tried to put her off until the sun came up by telling her that her tooth was probably loose, but that actually made it worse because then she was so excited and just kept poking me and asking me to look at it. So, I felt it and sure enough it was loose! She let her babysitter, Lisa, pull it out last Tuesday. I was kind of bummed out to miss the event because I was away at a work meeting overnight, so Jon had to play the role of tooth fairy. I had wanted to get her a special Barbie or something to commemorate the first time she lost a tooth, but when I called Jon late Tuesday night he said he would "just throw a dollar under her pillow" or something like that. He ended up doing a little more than that - he also wrote her a note from the tooth fairy and that is what she was most excited about. He used markers that were in her room and she kept saying, "the tooth fairy must have been writing that note right by my bed because she used my markers!" She also noticed that the tooth fairy spelled her own name wrong (Tooth Fiary - Jon says to give him a break, he was in a rush!). Nothing gets by this girl!I stopped on my way home on Wednesday and got her a Barbie, and I also ordered her a special tooth fairy doll to put her lost teeth in. But I truly think she was just as, if not more excited about the dollar and the note.
It's just crazy to think that she's already old enough to be losing teeth! Ahhh, where does the time go?!
7 comments:
Sosi looks so different in this picture!???? I can't believe she's getting so old!
How fun!
Tell her QBET&b said congratulations!
I wish I could've seen her the other day!
Love you guys!
see you soon!
so here i am reading your blog as i'm eating my breakfast and i had to stop eating because i couldn't stop laughing at the idea that jonny couldn't spell fairy and that he used the markers in her room. that just sounded hilarious to me this morning.
thanks for starting off my day on a good note!
jon k
yay sophia!! that is going to be so fun to play tooth fairy!... i mean fiary... i mean fairy.... :)
good job anyway jon! :)
Too cute! They just grow up so fast!!!
~Maria~
She looks so old!!!Congrats Sophia!!
Misspelling is better than forgetting! After losing her 10th tooth, Brittany said the other day, Mom, did the tooth fairy forget me again? So, Jon, you aren't doing too bad. Sos is looking so grown up! Yay!
Love-Aunt Dee
Dawn,
Seriously, Sophia looks so grown up!!! I can't believe it has been so long since we have seen you, and will probably still be almost a year! How sad is that!!! We love and miss you guys a ton!
Love, Darla
Post a Comment