The Big Apple & The Statue of Liberty - Halloween '06
Dora & Boots - Halloween '05
Ah, there is so much to love about fall! I have always loved this season. Jon and I got married in October and we had the most perfect weather on our wedding day and usually have beautiful weather to celebrate our anniversary. I love buying pumpkins and mums and getting out all of the fall decor (seeing as brown is my all-time favorite color, my house looks best in the fall). I love food associated with the fall - anything pumpkin, apples, soups, cider etc.
I love Halloween now that I have kids - it's all about the costumes, not the candy! Thanks to Auntie Lizzie, my kids have had some pretty cool costumes (see pics!).
I love Thanksgiving! I'm starting to think it is my favorite holiday because there is not the stress and craziness like there is at Christmas. Last year I went shopping on Black Friday for the first time and I think that will be a tradition (how about it Lizzie?!). This year I am taking the entire week of Thanksgiving off because Jon has that week off and it will be a nice time for us to reconnect after a busy football season ends.
The beautiful weather today just made me want to share all the reasons I love this time of year. I am so glad to live in a state that truly has 4 seasons (although I could live with a shorter winter!)

3 comments:
i agree dawn! fall is my favorite as well...love it love it love it. (your house really is awesome in fall - i remember from small group! it's awesome anytime though). love the halloween costumes. my mom wants to make nolan's some year (maybe this year?) - let's do our coffee date after i teach on mon nights sometime soon!! (this mon?)
Oh my gosh. The kids are so cute. I remember all of those Halloweens. : D
Sophia and Anthony are too cute! I agree, fall is great. I can't wait to take Jenna on our annual hayride and pumpkin picking trip!
~Maria~
Post a Comment