So, we planned to get away this first weekend in November because the football team had a week off. Then we had a little surprise snow storm the last weekend of October which made the games get rescheduled to this weekend. So not only did he have to work Saturday, but he even had to work Sunday as well. This made our weekend get-away impossible...or almost.
We decided to keep our overnight babysitting plans in tact (thanks Joel & Shan!) since the kids had been looking so forward to spending time with their cousins and just go out for dinner in the city. I made reservations at a recommended restaurant and that was that.
Until the day of (yesterday) when I decided to go shopping for a little something something to wear and came home to quite a messy house. I had a decision to make - - spend the next couple of hours cleaning so we didn't come home to an uninviting atmosphere or book a room in a fabulous hotel downtown so I could spend the next couple of hours getting ready....hmmmm.....I chose the latter. Thanks to priceline, I got a ridiculous deal on a 4 star hotel within walking distance of our restaurant (well, it would have been if it weren't for the heels). :-)
I looked all over the {messy} house to find our camera and was successful, but then left it in the car in the flurry of activity of giving up our car to valet. So, all I have is this pic taken on my phone to remember our special night. It was so good to get away with my love, even if it was only for 16 hours!
1 comment:
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Anniversary AGAIN!!!!
Post a Comment