Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Half-way??!!

I have to take some time out from all of this construction blogging to document the half-way mark of our baby girl growing up. Ever since my girlfriend Bethany told me how she was sad on her daughter Eden's 9th birthday because she was half-way done raising her, I had kind of been dreading this day. Of course, I do want Sophia to grow and flourish at a natural rate. Yet, it is hard to accept how fast it is flying by! I know it is so cliche to say this, but it seems like just yesterday that we were celebrating her first birthday!

(she was a very serious birthday girl!)

I have always loved celebrating Sophia on her special day and here are pics of her from over the years...

2 years old

3 years old

4 years old

5 years old

6 years old (not from her party but a couple weeks later)

7 years old

8 years old

9 years old

What a beautiful girl we have been blessed with! Everyone who knows Sophia knows what a delight she is to be around. I am looking forward to the next 9 years (and perhaps beyond) of having her in our home. And I know that when she does leave, it won't be the end, but just a new chapter in our relationship.
I love you Sophia Elle!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

oh my word! I'm totally bawling!!! I love her so much! I hate that we moved away but so thankful for the 4 years we had with you guys and all the birthday parties that we got to be a part of!
Happy 9th birthday Sophia! We love you so so much! you're the best!!!
love
QBET&b (and baby soon :)

kurtdavidf said...

Thanks for the post... this is making me realize I need enjoy the time I have with August... and not rush him to crawl or sit up. or next thing you know.. its half over!