Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Breaking Free!

Jon and I decided that it would be fun to show up at the kids' school and break them out for a day! It was right before Thanksgiving and we both had off work but they still had school. We sent them to school as usual and about an hour later, I went to get Anthony. I didn't tell him that Jon was going to get Sophia - I just had him called to the office and told him that I was there to take him on a date! A few minutes after we left the school property, Jon showed up to bust Sophia out! He did not tell Sophia that I had already gotten Anthony.

It was a blast! Such a fun time of connecting with them 1-on-1!

I took Anthony to our favorite little breakfast place in town and then we went to see "Megamind" in the theater. He was so funny because he kept saying, "Mom, do you think Sophia is still in school now?" I love this little boy so much and I just had the best time talking to him and spending time alone with him!



Jon took Sophia shopping at "5 Below" just to kill some time while we finished up at the restaurant because he wanted to take her to the same place. I texted him when we were leaving and they showed up a few minutes later. It was fun because we are such regular customers of this place and know all of the waitstaff and they helped us keep the secret. Then Jon took Sophia hiking in a park - it was a beautiful warm winter day and they had so much fun together!


When we all got home, Sophia & Anthony were so excited to tell each other about their day - - and then discovered that the other one did sort of the same thing. It was so cute because they were so excited for each other and were not at all jealous about what the other one did. We heard them talking about it and when Sophia discovered that we had gone to the same restaurant but at different times, she said, "see Anthony, we're connecting the dots!".

What great kids we have! We think this is going to have to become an annual tradition - - next time I will be with Sophia and Jon will be with Anthony.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

this is so cute! I love it that Anthony looks exactly like you and Sosi looks exactly like JD in the pictures!
Nino looks so old too...btw!!!
we miss you guys and our bi-weekly get-togethers SO MUCH!
ahhhhhhh I could cry!
oh yeah, I usually do!
ha
B