Our First Christmas Together ornament - given to us by my Mom.
Sophia's 1st Christmas.
Anthony's 1st Christmas.
5 year anniversary trip to Vermont
10 year anniversary trip to Hawaii
Trip to Dominican Republic with Bethany & Q - 2007
Visit to New Orleans - we've actually been there multiple times, but bought this the last time we were there in 2008
Venetian glass also from our visit to Italy in 2009
Trip to Washington DC with Edd & Paulette - 2009
Romantic Holiday getaway to NYC with Bethany & Q - December 2007
Mary Poppins umbrella to commemorate our family gift from Christmas 2008 - - Seeing Mary Poppins on Broadway with Aunt Lizzie
From Bill & Lori Browne - our cousins - we spent so much time together in 1997!
The "love" ornament - From Edd & Paulette Lipscomb - our dear friends in Alabama who took us in as their own when we were away from both our families while living down South.
Christmas of 1997
From Kelly Nastase - given to me the first Christmas we were friends in 1998
From Greg & Tricia Skowronski at their Christmas party in 1999
From Bethany & Quenton Marty from their time living in Ukraine - they're are actually 6 of these cute little Santas!
From Lizzie (Jon's sister) - she gave me ~30 of these and they just add so much to my tree!
From Nancy Bast, my dear friend - 2009
My current favorite!
While not an ornament, I also want to share a shot of my angel - this came from my best friend Bethany who has given me many special ornaments over the years. I just love this angel because it is so my style and I always wanted an angel on top of the tree, but didn't like any of the fancy ones I always saw in stores. Bethany sent this to me the Christmas of 2000 and it's been on top of our tree every year since then.


6 comments:
LOVE these! you & i have such similar styles and i'm waiting for the perfect tree topper, too. we have a ghetto non-tree topper that is a multi-pointed wooden/red star... and it's strapped on by a rubber band every year. it's been there so many years now, that it's sort of growing on me - ghetto and all ;) maybe we'll just keep it! your tree is gorgeous!
That's great! I love a tree that tells a story. Darrin and I started buying ornaments for every trip we've been on. Right now our story may be rather short, but I'm looking forward to it growing in the years to come and to being able to share our story each year when we put up our tree. Thanks for sharing! Hope all the D's have a wonderfully Merry Christmas
Dawnie! I always love your tree and admire the memories shared through the tree. I have similar beliefs on the ornament --that it should be a story of that family and be very personal. I guess that is why I ALWAYS ask dear friends to send me a picture of their Christmas tree, if I don't get the opportunity to see it in person. I have found that I learn so much about my friends just by the details of their tree --their style, their memories, their life story so to speak! Thank you for sharing just some of the many beautiful ornaments that make your tree amazing every year! Guess it's beauty lies in its beholder ;-) Love ya! Trish <3
That is way cool. I bet you get this all the time but that is a great idea. I liked looking at all of those pictures. I like the love one it was cute.
http://whereamindlines.blogspot.com/
ahhhhh I LOVE this post! this was such a special Christmas for me and just really appreciating my ornaments and tree and all my Christmas decorations more than ever...I was so emotional about it! so naturally the further I got into this post the more tears I had. I love that you took close-ups of specific ornaments and many I had seen in person of course but there were a lot I don't think I've seen/noticed before or maybe I've just forgotten them. anyways what a GREAT way for far away friends and family to see your tree and your most special ornaments. I just love it!!! and I love you and your family and I miss you so so much!
Love
B
me again...:D
and I just wanted to say that I have so so many ornaments that make me think of you or that are from you and I love every one of them!!!!!!!!! thanks again for the one you gave us this Christmas! love love love it!!!
Post a Comment