Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sharing Christmas

Last year I participated in a blogging event called "Sharing Christmas" but I couldn't get my act together in time to do it this year. But I did want to share some pics because last year's event made me realize that I didn't have many Christmas decorations throughout the house and so I got a bunch of stuff on clearance at the end of the season last year! So, here are just a few pics of our home decorated for Christmas. If you want to read about our traditions etc., you can read last year's post by clicking here.

Also our house project is ALMOST DONE! So, I will soon be posting some before, during and after shots!













We have never done an Advent Calendar before, and I don't know exactly what you're supposed to do, but we have been using it to teach the kids about Christmas. So each night when they open the door, we have 3 things listed on a piece of paper - a Christmas song, a special family or person in our lives to pray for, and a part of the Christmas story or a special Christmas memory to talk about. It has been so much fun and a great way for us to connect each night as a family - it has really drawn out the Christmas season for us and we will definitely be making this a tradition.

We hope you all have a Merry Christmas! Peace and Love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new dinning room table!!! :o) Your house looks so warm and festive this year! Love it! Love you all!!!!!
Darla