Sunday, December 9, 2007
Christmas in NYC!
We just got back from an AMAZING weekend (actually less than 24 hours) in NYC! Going with Jon to NYC in December is something I've been wanting to do for years now - and it was even more special because we got to share it with our best friends Bethany and Quenton! We got into the city around 8:30 on Saturday night and walked from Times Square to Rockefeller Plaza - it is so much fun to be in the city at night - especially around the holidays! We got in line for ice-skating around 9:30 and didn't get on the ice until 10:55!! It was so worth the wait though as it was such a magical experience! We saw 3 marriage proposals and had such a blast skating. I had been looking forward to skating because it's such an NYC experience, but I didn't realize I would enjoy it so much - I thought I'd be hanging onto Jon for dear life - but it was easier than I remembered!! We got off the ice around midnight and walked to a Starbucks for some late-night refreshment and then got to Jon's sisters (where we were staying - thanks again Lizzie!!) around 2:00 a.m. - we crashed until 6:00 and were out the door again by 7:00 because we had tickets to the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular at 9:00! We went to the show - which was as its name implies - SPECTACULAR!!! The Rockettes are just so amazing and it was so much fun to see them live after all these years of watching them on TV!! Bethany and I each bought a really special ornament of the Rockettes which I'll love putting on my tree every year and remembering this weekend! The other amazing thing about the show was that they did a Live Nativity and actually read Scripture and sang Christmas carols about Jesus - so cool that they still do that!! After the show, we went out for a great brunch at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square and then headed home around 3:00 - - we were SO tired but we had such a great time!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
ahhhh! so fun! love the pics. i love the Radio City Christmas show so much. you and bethany look like you could be sisters! you guys look beautiful (nice nyc outfits by the way!). can't wait to hear about your time.
How fun!! I totally forgot this was the NYC weekend! So glad to hear you had such a good time (of course!) and can't wait to hear all the details. You got some great pics of the show - were the kids jealous?? I bet Sophia was! :)
Dawn - I just read your comment on Nay's blog and even though at 2 and 4 we aren't totally there yet, things are definitely easier now that they love to play together. But with my two, half the time they are off making a mess together, happy as can be!
So you have to go to my blog and "sign up" to do the sharing christmas thing I am doing. Since I doubt we'll get to see your house all decorated, you could share it that way - and I know everyone else would want to see it as well!
Hope to see you Sunday...
Meg
Post a Comment